The Mental Health Crisis Survival Guide

Mental Health Crisis: It's completely different for everyone.

Hopefully this will be a more light-hearted and positive post.

When I am in crisis I would love for someone to put together a survival kit of everything I might need so I guess this is what this post is: My ideal crisis survival kit!


In The Box:

Headphones: for when things become overwhelming.

Fidget cube: to stop from biting nails.

Notepad and pen: to doodle or write how you feel (or just random drawings!)

Tissues: it's okay to cry.

A cuddly toy: for comfort.

Worry dolls: may seem childish but it's a comfort thing.

Photos: of happy quotes or funny pictures, pictures of your family or pets to remind you how loved you really are!

Play-Doh or Plasticine: it's great to play with and keeps your hands busy.

Colouring books and pens: a good distraction!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who listens to sad music when I'm already sad which then makes me feel worse! But to solve that here are my Top 10 songs to listen to when you feel horrible:

Dog days are over by Florence And The Machine.
A-punk by Vampire Weekend.
Now is the start by A Fine Frenzy.
A Little Less Conversation: Elvis Presley.
Rather Be by Jess Glynne.
Confident by Demi Lovato.
Fight Song by Rachel Platten.
Breathin by Ariana Grande.
Moving Along by 5 Seconds Of Summer.
This Is Me by Keala Settle.

And lastly my Top 5 Favourite Quotes (they help me get through difficult days)

1: 'Don't look back you're not going that way'.
2: 'Relapse is okay, it reminds us that we are human'.
3: 'Just like autumn leaves we may fall but only to blossom again'.
4: 'Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn'! :)
5: 'It's okay not to be okay'.


Keep moving forward, baby steps are okay just remember the keep moving. 💙

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leap of faith

Grieving.

Reaching out.